It has been a while since I’ve brushed on the “Quotes” category after Positive Attitude Quotes, so, here I am presenting you the best quotes on family and familial love – Because Family Is Everything.
You certainly didn’t ask for them, and you can’t trade’em, but out of the billions of human beings on our planet, they’re the ones who know you best. They’re the ones who cherish you, and whom you should cherish in return – whether they’re your biological family or otherwise.
Even though it’s easy to forget at times, a family is the most important thing in the world. This could mean your mother, your father, your siblings, your spouse, your grandparents, your aunts, your uncles, your cousins, your in-laws – but for some, it’s simply those with whom we share unconditional love.
Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing. Peace is the beauty of life. It is sunshine. It is the smile of a child, the love of a mother, the joy of a father, the togetherness of a family.
Of course, families are complicated – these deep relationships can carry lots of baggage and hurt as well. Given their complexity and importance in our loves, its no wonder that throughout the course of history, people from all walks of life have pondered the complexities and conundrums of familial love.
Check out these quotes on family for musings about the complicated nature of our family ties:
Quotes About Family
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no aw, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.”
- “You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.”
- “After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.”
- “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”
- “Family is the most important thing in the world.”
- “When she can’t bring me to heal with scolding, she bends me to shape with guilt.”
- “There’s nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy. Or more exasperated. Or more… secure.”
- “Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.”
- “Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.”
- “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.”
- “When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching – – they are your family. ”-
- “Spare the rod and spoil the child – that is true. But, beside the rod, keep an apple to give him when he has done well.”
- “One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be family.”
- “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.”
- “Family is not an important thing, it’s everything.”
- “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.”
- “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.”
- “I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to family life.”
- “To understand your parents’ love, you must raise children yourself.”
- “The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only – and that is to support the ultimate career. ”
- “Is this what family is like: the feeling that everyone’s connected, that with one piece missing, the whole thing’s broken?”
- “We do not develop habits of genuine love automatically. We learn by watching effective role models – most specifically by observing how our parents express love for each other day in and day out.”
- “Writers will happen in the best of families.”
- “When trouble comes, it’s your family that supports you.”
I can go on forever about these quotes and family importance/love. I’ll continue in a second part for the same.
(PS – Before I forget I cannot stress how important this is – Please don’t forget to mention it to your loved ones that you love them. If they did wrong, tell them. Resolve issues. There is always a solution to find. Do not be ignorant or leave like a coward. Your family or your loved ones deserve your kindness. Show it as much as possible.)
Also – why just family? ” GIVE A LITTLE LOVE & YOU CAN GET A LITTLE LOVE OF YOUR OWN”
Thank you for reading! Love you for that!
Also thanks to everyone who bought my poem from my last post. I’m grateful to you.
—–Have Hope.Keep Faith—–
Follow me on my social spree! Click the names below-
Any Inquiries/Say Hello – firstname.lastname@example.org
EclipsedWords by Aishwarya Shah || April’2018 || All rights reserved ©
28 thoughts on “Quotes About Family”
Loved your balance of black and white, and all the wonderful quotes as well.
I do believe families are forever. I first watched this video from a fb posting.
It made me cry then, and it makes me cry now.
I have a quote I have never published, so someone else may get it now, as it is meant to be shared.
“Love is often times difficult to give; but it is impossible to take back” pmb.
Thanks, and love.
That quote is reality. Wow. Just wow. You made me realize my own truth. Thank you!
And yes, I never knew of this video until last month while exploring YouTube. It made me cry and it has such a powerful message. Thought of sharing it here.
Love the video. It just doesn’t cost anything to be nice.
Kindness is unforgettable.
Peace is the beauty of life…very well said… The sunshine gets more enjoyable when you spend time with your family members…Thank you for the nice write up… Liked.
Yes, you’re right.
Thank you for your appreciation! ❤
The quotes you included are a great mix of the sad, happy, and funny of family, conveying, as you promised, the complexity of family dynamics. I most love the one taken from Lilo & Stitch: “Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.” That is my favorite line in the movie.
Family really is everything. It was when my family and I worked with foster children in China for four years that I realized that, in the end, the love of a family trumps all other “needs.”
I’m glad to hear. It’s amazing how we forget to express our love toward our family and seldom count those blessings, instead ad try to seak it from outside when it’s been home the entire time. Staying true to yourself is something really important.
Lots of love and blessings to you and your family. Hope you stay happy and healthy! ❤
Thank you, Aishwarya! I wish the best for you and your family too.
It’s like my dad always told me:
“Put that down. It’s expensive.”
My dad says the same to this day.
Keep smiling and hope you have a good day! 💜
Beautiful thoughts and great collections of thoughts
Thank you so much, I’m happy you liked it! ✨💕
Family is just for those who will have $,power
I think you should really start counting your blessings instead of thinking otherwise.
I loved this quote in particular ““There’s nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy. Or more exasperated. Or more… secure.”– Jim Butcher
This was a really nice post, keep writing and spreading love !
Love Cynthia 🙂
I’m happy you could connect with it.
Thank you so much for reading my blog and finding it worthy enough to leave a comment.
Hugs and kisses xoxo ❤
Thanks for the like!
Oscar Wilde, possibly the most quotable man in history, except for Anon. of course!
Yes! You’re right.
Thanks for reading! 😊
Family – part of the circle that is life.